Thursday, August 4, 2011

June

Our month of June was filled with baseball games, swimming lessons, and family reunions. It was so fun to have the kids home. Time just went so fast.


Kyle getting ready to hit the ball. They struggled hitting the ball, so I finally bribed them with a candy bar if they would get a hit, and it worked! For both he and Christopher.

Christopher running the bases.
Ready to hit the ball.


In June the boys each took a night to cook. Kyle made pancakes and eggs for breakfast, Christopher made taco bell taco's, and Brandon made roast, mashed potatoes and freezer rolls. It was really fun and they did a great job!

They liked to make a treat during the week. Kyle is making sugar cookies I think, they are getting pretty good at cookies.
I took the scouts to City of Rocks

All my cute cubs that showed up! What a good group.

All the Harper cousins (except Matthew and Taylor) came. This is what happens often, especially when Brandon is around.

Darin's siblings (except Jill) Great bunch!

We went up to Idahome lake! It was really fun.

Kids sleeping out on the tramp! Fun part of summer.


Heidi and Jordan even slept out and had a fun time!

Our grain got stripe rust, which doesn't let the head of the grain fill out which = bad harvest. So they had an airplane come and spray our fields. I wish I had a better picture. The plane would get so low, I felt like it was going to hit our house. It would go low, then hop up over the pivot and get low again. It was so neat. We usually don't have a plane come, it's very expensive.



4 comments:

Connor and Jana said...

So with the plane revive your crops? I hope so! What a fun June!

Darcy said...

Great update!

Jill Lau said...

How fun that the kids all slept on the tramp together; what good memories. I love that you teach your kids to cook. They will be happy that they know how.

jennielouwho said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer.